January 2022 Agenda
DEEPING ST JAMES PARISH COUNCIL
The Institute, 38 Church Street, Deeping St James, PE6 8EP
Tel: 01778 343266
Facebook: Deeping St James Parish Council
Parish Clerk: Julie Fortnum
Dear Parish Councillors Bowell, Denman, Dilks (County and District), Fowler, Gilbert, Hall, Halls, Hosking, Little, Olson, Robinson, Rose, Shinkins-Hoppe, Stevens (District) and Thomas (District).
You are hereby summonsed to attend the next meeting of Deeping St James Parish Council which will be held at the Open-Door Church, 5 Spalding Road, Deeping St James, PE6 8NJ on Thursday 27 January 2022 at 7.30pm.
There will be an open forum, lasting a maximum of thirty minutes to permit residents to address the Parish Council before the meeting is formally opened, which will be at the closing of the open forum or at 8.00pm, whichever is the sooner.
The business to be dealt with at the meeting is listed in the agenda below.
Julie Fortnum Parish Clerk
22.113 To receive and accept apologies where valid reasons for absence have been given to the Parish Clerk prior to the meeting.
22.114 To receive declarations of interest under the Localism Act 2011 – being any interest in agenda items not previously recorded on Members’ Register of Interests.
22.115 To approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on Thursday 16 December 2021.
22.116 To receive the Clerks report and receive an update on matters arising from previous minutes.
22.117 To receive reports from the District Councillors and County Councillor.
22.118 Financial matters:
1. To approve the payments for January 2022.
2. To note the income received in January 2022.
3. To consider a grant application from Deeping St James Priory Hall.
4. To consider the request from the Deepings Youth Group Trustee group for funding for 2022-23 to enable the Deepings Youth Group to continue to offer the service.
5. To consider the minutes and any recommendations from the finance and general purposes committee meeting held on Thursday 6 January 2022 including approving the Parish Council’s budget and Parish Precept for the financial year 2022/23.
22.119 Planning matters:
1. To receive the minutes and any recommendations from the planning and transport committee meeting held on Tuesday 20 January 2022.
22.120 To consider taking the necessary steps to become official owners of the riverbank between 82 Church Street and High Locks, Bridge Street.
22.121 To consider the organisation of the following events -
1. The Annual Parish Meeting and making a difference awards presentation
2. The Queens Platinum Jubilee Beacon lighting event
22.122 To consider the following correspondence received.
1. Our Forest Garden – offering to organise and run a Parish Council funded playscheme for primary school aged children during week commencing Monday 25 July 2022 to Friday 29 July 2022.
2. Rotary Club of the Deepings – Requesting permission to access Woody Heights recreation area on Sunday 22 May 2022 to hold the charity 10k road race and 3k fun run.
3. LIVES – request to consider donating towards the continuous recruiting, training and equipping of a skilled team of emergency responders serving Lincolnshire.
4. A resident – request to add a memorial plaque to a relative’s interment plot in memory of a family member whose ashes are not interred in the Deeping St James Cemetery.
22.123 To receive and consider minutes and recommendations of committees, reports from advisory committees, members reports from external bodies, members reports of meetings, seminars, training and events attended on the Council’s behalf:
1. Meeting held on Tuesday 11 January 2022 to discuss the Lincolnshire Transport Plan and the local bus service attended by Councillor Kate Shinkins-Hoppe, Councillor David Shelton from Market Deeping Town Council and Anthony Delaine-Smith from Delaines Buses.
2. Meeting held on Saturday 15 January 2022 at the site of the proposed Welland Footbridge attended by Councillors from Deeping St James, Peakirk and Northborough Parish Council.
3. Allotments, footpaths and open spaces committee held on Thursday 20 January 2022.
4. Zoom meeting held on Friday 21 January 2022 to obtain an update about Leisure Services in DSJ, and the lease arrangements required for the playing field, attended by the SKDC Head of Leisure Services, the DSJPC Parish Clerk, Councillors Steve Gilbert and Kate Shinkins-Hoppe.
22.124 Parish Pump – items for information or inclusion on future agendas. Dates for the diary for the coming month –
7pm Thursday 17 February 2022 – Planning and Transport committee 7.30pm Thursday 4 February 2022 – Full Council